Spacial Tape Drawing










     Assignment: create a drawing within space utilizing tape. Though the parameters were loose, with the only specifications being a size of a minimum of 5 feet in one direction and the content must be at least 90% tape. I took that and decided to utilize a space not only to create a tangible 'drawing' but also to transition into an intangible and ever-changing 'drawing' with shadow and lighting onto the walls and the ceiling.
     From there, I utilized the floor to ceiling aspect and wanted to not disguise the fact that it is tape, but embrace its very nature- it droops, it sticks, and how could I use that to my advantage. I wished to create two panels that do not mirror each other, but instead utilize these panels as filters to look through the space, and with each angle create a different view of the space it is in.







Performance Piece




Secondary Spacial Tape Exploration





Comments

Popular Posts