Long Term Project Presentation

Long Term Project Presentation


     It may look nothing more than some cardboard and some string jumbled together, however this was the first time that I truly was able to explore my desire to increase the size of my work to the full scale that I have always been drawn to. I was able to compile a piece of work that stretched from floor to ceiling and opened up a door to new possibilities for future work. 


     Scribble, scribble- that is all I did for a few hours listening to a podcasts. This was a new method of working that I had only recently explored with a scale of 21" by 36". After being so drawn to the forms that the act of a continuous line could create, I wanted to go bigger so I embarked on a new continuous line drawing that spanned 48" by 60". I found my self so involved not only with the audio I had playing in my ears, but also the purpose of every mark I was making. I honed in on specific details and words that I was enticed by, and let my hand glide aimlessly and blindly amongst the paper. Though arguably the content could be stronger, and I think that with later explorations of this practice, I feel that I was more drawn by the sheer scale of the work that I had created. 


Multiple Panel Drawing


To see in process photos, and the final product, revert to another post, linked below.

Drawing on Objects


To see in process photos, and the final product, revert to another post, linked below.

Inspiration:



Derek McLane



Anna Louizos


Beowulf Boritt



Bunny Christie



Tim Burton



Adam Stockhausen



Comments

Popular Posts